- 1 piece Ox tongue (about 1 kilo up)
- 10 cups water
- 5 cups soup stock
- 5 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 piece medium-sized onion, sliced
- 4 pieces bay leaf
- 1 can whole mushroom, sliced
- 1 piece beef cube
- 2 tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp. Flour, dissolved in a soup stock
- 1 tsp. Butter or margarine
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare a pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the ox tongue until the hard skin peel off.
- Lift the tongue in the pot and scrape off the white thick skin with a knife then wash with water.
- Prepare a pot with soup stock then bring to a boil.
- Add the bay leaf, beef cube and ox tongue until it becomes tender, sliced and set aside.
- In pan, sauté garlic, onion and mushroom in a butter or margarine.
- Pour in soy sauce, oyster sauce and flour. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the flour is cook.
- Add the sliced ox tongue and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce is a little bit sticky.
- Serve hot.
Source: My Bicol Recipe
Share It To Your Friends!