- Binagoongang Baboy
- 1.5 kgs pork, cubed
- 3 red onions, chopped
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 5 pcs green chilies, sliced
- 5 red chilies, whole (optional)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can coconut cream
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup bagoong (you may add more or less to your liking)
- Combine the coconut milk and water, pour into the pot. Add the pork cubes, garlic and onions. Stirl to combine.
- Add your desired amount of bagoong, keeping in mind that it’s easy to add more but harder to take away. Stir to combine and allow to simmer until pork is tender and sauce somewhat thickened.
- NOTE: if you pork is still not tender and the sauce has thickened, you may add more water and cook until fork tender. I used a lean cut of pork like casim (pork shoulder), but you can opt to use liempo (pork belly) if you wish.
- Once the meat is tender, add the coconut cream and simmer until thick and glistening. Add the sliced green chillies and cook for another 3-5 minutes. Serve.
- For an added kick, I like to squeeze a bit of fresh calamansi juice on top. This will help cut the richness of the dish. ENJOY!
Source: Purpose Driven Chef
Share It To Your Friends!