- 1/2 K. beef shortribs
- 200 gr. fresh tamarind pods boiled in 1 cup water until pulpy
- 2 pcs. tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- rock salt
- kangkong leaves
- jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 t. sugar in lieu of MSG
- Boil beef in the pressure cooker with 3 C. water for an hour. Add the tomatoes and onion. When the tomatoes are soft, mash with the back of the spoon then add the strained pulpy tamarind. You may add a bit more water if desired.
- Add the radish, when half cooked, add the eggplant slices.
- When the vegetables are cooked, season with patis, rock salt and sugar.
- Add the kangkong leaves, cover and cook for exactly 1 minute.
- Serve with kalamansi, patis and crushed jalapeno peppers from the sinigang.
Source: Lia's Food Journey
Share It To Your Friends!