- 600 g (1.3 lbs) ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400 g (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 50 g (1.8 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 fresh lasagna sheets
- 200 g (7 oz) creme fraiche
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F). Heat a dash of oil in a large fry pan over a high heat. Brown the beef and set aside.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the onion and garlic. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Return the beef to the pan and add the tomatoes, stock, herbs, carrot, and spinach. Simmer for about 10 minutes, until the sauce has reduced. Season to taste.
- Cover the base of a baking dish, or oven proof dish with tomato paste. Soak the lasagna sheets in hot water for a couple of minutes to soften. All to cool slightly and cut each piece in half.
- Place 1/6th of the mixture onto the short edge of each pasta sheet and roll into a tube. Place seem side down in the baking dish. Repeat until finished.
- Spread the creme fraiche over the cannelloni tubes and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the pasta is cooked through and the cheese is golden.
Source: Pic Nic
Share It To Your Friends!