- 1.5tbsp vegetable oil
- 1lb (450g) Chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- 3 Baby Gem Lettuce (only need the outer leaves)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 5 small mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and chopped finely
- 2 red chillies, sliced
- 3tbsp Soy Sauce (use 2 tbsp tamari and 1 tbsp water mixed with a pinch of bouillon for gluten free, or instead you could use 3 tbsp GF teriyaki sauce)
- 1.5 tbsp Honey
- 1 heaped tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 spring onions (scallions), sliced
- Extra slices of red chilli
- Heat the oil on a high heat in a large frying pan and add the chicken. Cook for 5-6 minutes, turning regularly until the chicken starts to brown.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking remove and wash the outer leaves from the baby gem lettuces. You'll need 10 of the larger leaves. Pat them dry and arrange on a plate.
- Add the carrots and mushrooms to the chicken and cook for a minute, then add in the garlic, ginger and chillies and cook for another minute.
- Add in the soy sauce and honey and bring the mixture to a bubble. Allow to bubble gently for a couple of minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Spoon the chicken mixture out into the lettuce leaves and sprinkle with sesame seeds, spring onion and chilli slices.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Kitchen Sanctuary
Share It To Your Friends!