- 1/4 cup brown or white sugar (I used a few drops of Stevia)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or cider vinegar (I used the rice vinegar)
- 1/4 cup canola oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt (I left this out)
- 1/2 Tbs cornstarch
- 1 Tbs water
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated (I used sliced baby carrots)
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, chopped (I used snow peas)
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sesame sticks (we used a lot more than this)
- **I also used some sliced mini-cucumbers and sliced celery
- Cut chicken into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Mix the remaining dressing ingredients (except cornstarch and water) in a large skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-low heat and boil just until the sugar is dissolved, whisking vigorously to combine the oil with the rest of the ingredients. Mix the cornstarch and water and add it to the skillet, stirring until the dressing is thickened.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the dressing in a separate bowl (to be used as dressing on the salad).
- Add the chicken to the remaining dressing in the skillet. Cook over medium-low heat until all of the liquid is evaporated and the chicken just starts to brown (this will take a while, up to 30 minutes).
- While the chicken is cooking prepare the rest of the salad ingredients (chopping and assembling). You can mix all of the salad ingredients together, or serve them in separate bowls. Top salad with warm chicken and reserved dressing.
Source: No Empty Chairs
Share It To Your Friends!