- Nethili / Anchovies : 1/2 kg
- Tamarind / Kudampuli : 4 pieces
- Shallots / kunjulli (sliced ) : 1/2 cup
- Curry leaves : 3 sprig
- Coconut oil
For coconut mixture:
- Green chillies : 2
- Grated coconut : 1 cup
- Ginger, chopped : 1 tspn
- Chilli powder : 1/2 tspn
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tspn
- Coriander powder : 1 tspn
- Wash and clean the fish .Set aside. Wash and soak the tamarind in water.
- Take a bowl, add grated coconut, green chilli ,salt ,turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder. Mix well with your hand and set aside.
- Heat oil in claypot. Swirl the pot so that the oil will spread to the whole area.
- Now add sliced shallots, curry leaves and chopped ginger. Sauté it well.
- Add in the coconut mixture and mix it well. Now add soaked tamarind
- Add cleaned fish and mix it gently with coconut mixture(Amma used to toss the clay pot )
- Now add 1/4 cup of water and cover the clay pot with its lid. Simmer the gas and cook till almost all water is evaporated.
- Another easy method also available for meen peera. May be that is the authentic way. Mix all the ingredients with your hand and add 1/4 cup of water. Now cook it in low flame with 1/4 cup of water. Finally add coconut oil.
Source: Bhawish Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!