- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 head garlic chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 500 g pork belly chopped into eating pieces
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 water
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- Heat half of the oil in a saucepan over medium heat then add the garlic and onion, cooking for 3 minutes, or until lightly coloured.
- Add the pork and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes, until browned all over.
- Pour in the vinegar, bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Bring to a gentle simmer, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes, remove the lid and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Check if the pork is tender, if not simmer a further 10 minutes.
- In a new saucepan heat the remaining oil, remove the pork from the sauce and fry in batches for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden.
- Add the fried pork back into the sauce and serve hot with rice.
Source: It's More Yum In The Philippines
Share It To Your Friends!