- 2 pieces medium-size hito (catfish), cut into serving pieces
- 1 piece medium ginger, sliced into strips
- 2 pieces medium onions, sliced
- 6 gloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ¾ cup thick coconut cream (pure)
- 1½ cup thin coconut milk (with a small amount of water)
- 5 pieces bay leaf
- 6 pieces medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tsp. Butter or margarine
- 8g pack Maggie magic sarap (MSG for substitute)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 bunch Pechay, cleaned and cut into serving
- Sauté garlic, onions, ginger and tomatoes in a butter or margarine.
- Add the thin coconut milk, let it boil while continue stirring to avoid burning then add fish.
- Pour in the soy sauce, vinegar and oyster sauce and generously sprinkle bay leaf
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until the fish is slightly cook while occasionally stirring to avoid burning.
- Add pechay and season with magic sarap, salt and pepper.
- Add thick coconut cream when the pechay is partly cook
- Simmer for another 5 minutes or until the sauce is creamy.
- Serve hot with a lot of steamed rice and chilies (siling labuyo).
Source: My Bicol Recipe
Share It To Your Friends!