- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound cooked chicken, cut into cubes or shredded
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans
- a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 cups chicken stock
- heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until they are both soft.
- add the chicken, beans (liquid and all), cilantro, cumin, salt, and cayenne, and stir to combine. add enough chicken stock to get it to the consistency you want - 1 cup will be a very thick stew, and 2 cups will be more of a hearty soup. turn the heat down to medium-low and let everything simmer for about 30 minutes.
- serve the chili hot, garnished with more cilantro, if desired.
Source: With Love And Cupcakes
Share It To Your Friends!