- 1/4 cup Sabakki or Tapioca pearls
- 1/2 tin Sweetened Condensed milk
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- pinch of saffron
- A handful of crushed Almonds
- In a large pan, fry Tapioca pearls with a teaspoon of ghee( thats optional, its just to give a little aroma) for about 2 minutes on high flame, just to warm it up a little bit.
- Pour about 300ml of water and cook on medium to high flame with constant stirring every couple of minutes. Keep adding water if the water gets dried up. It'll take about 15 to 20 minutes. Be patient and make sure the entire pearl gets transparent. See that the white part of the pearls disappears. Thats when the tapioca is cooked.
- Now add the Sweetened condensed milk along with saffron and cardamom powder and let it come to a boil. You can add a little milk to get the right consistency. And you can even substitute sugar for condensed milk and add more milk instead.
- After it has reached the right consistency, take it off the heat and let it cool a little bit.
- Serve warm ,cold, or chilled topped with crushed almonds.
Source: The Cooks Collection
Share It To Your Friends!