- 2 lbs. large size shrimp, rinsed well
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced fine
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup pineapple juice or sprite
- 3 tablespoon Chile sauce
- green onion, sliced thin for garnishing
- Melt margarine/butter in a wide pan. Brown garlic in butter in medium heat. Remove garlic and set aside.
- Using the same butter from the browned garlic, sauté minced ginger till caramelized.
- Add shrimp and mix well.
- Add pineapple juice or sprite to the shrimp. Season with salt and ground pepper.
- Bring to high heat while stirring every few minutes.
- Once the pineapple juice thickens, add the Chile sauce.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Keep on stirring to allow the Chile sauce to cover the shrimps.
- Remove from heat. Arrange in a serving platter.
- Top shrimp with the remaining Chile sauce mixture, browned garlic and green onion.
- Serve hot and Enjoy!
Source: Casa Baluarte Filipino Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!