- se3 chicken breasts cubed
- 6 oz lo mein noodles (spaghetti works well too)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp pepper flakes
- 1 tsp corn starch
- Cook the 6 oz of noodles according to package. (Be sure not to overcook)
- In a large frying pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cook the diced chicken over medium heat for about 4 mins on each side.
- Remove the fully cooked chicken and set aside.
- In the same pan add 1 more tbsp. of olive oil and the tsp of minced garlic.
- Let the garlic cook in the oil for 1 min.
- Throw in the diced onion, mushrooms, carrots, snow peas and cabbage and let the veggies saute over medium heat for 6 mins.
- While the veggies at cooking, mix together the soy sauce, water, sesame oil, brown sugar, ginger, and pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- After the sauce ingredients are mixed together, add the corn starch to the sauce and whisk together leaving no clumps.
- Return the chicken to the pan of veggies and pour the sauce over top.
- Mix together all the ingredients.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder over the chicken mixture.
- Let the chicken, veggies and sauce simmer over low heat for the next 5 mins.
- Drain the noodles and stir them into the sauce mixture.
- Leave the pan on low heat for 5 more mins to allow the flavors to all blend together.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Source:Sugar N' Spice Gals
Share It To Your Friends!