- 4 cloves garlic
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Garnishes: sesame seeds, green onion
- Finely mince your garlic and combine all sauce ingredients in the base of your slow cooker.
- Set the raw chicken breasts into the sauce, flipping them around to douse them in sauce and then trying to set them into an even layer on the bottom of the slow cooker. Add a bit of additional water if the chicken breasts aren't submerged in the sauce.
- Cook on low heat in your slow cooker for approximately 5 hours (see notes).
- Remove the chicken breasts and shred the meat with two forks. Mix it back into the sauce in the slow cooker to serve and garnish with sliced green onion and sesame seeds.
- For a thicker sauce: Move the leftover sauce from the slow cooker into a pot on the stove and add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch (mixed into 2 tablespoons of cold water before adding to the hot mixture) to the sauce to thicken it.
Source: Uproot Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!