- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut in half
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4oz (120gr) mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped or 1 cup chopped celeriac
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (8oz, 240gr) whole tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup (2oz, 60gr) chicken stock
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the pepper, onion, celery, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add spices, garlic, mushrooms and sauté another 5 minutes.
- Push vegetables to the sides of pan and add chicken. Sauté until chicken starts to brown.
- Add tomatoes, their juices, chicken stock, tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Cover, reduce heat and let simmer 10 minutes, until chicken is done.
- Uncover and cook a few minutes longer to thicken pan sauce.
- Serve with rice, quinoa or buttered potatoes.
Source: Thyme For Cooking Blog
Share It To Your Friends!