- 2 tablespoons cooking oil for sautéing
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 (1 to 2-inch piece) ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium sized onion, sliced
- 3 pcs. big tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 2-3 tbsps Miso Paste
- 1 to 1 ½ kilos Ulo ng Maya-Maya, cut in large chunks, slightly fried
- 5-7 cups Water or Hugas Bigas (please see below)
- 1 (40-gram) pack Sinigang Mix
- 2 bunches Mustard leaves (Mustasa)
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat, sauté garlic, ginger and onion, saute for a few minutes, then add tomatoes and cook until tender, mash the tomatoes well. Then add the miso paste, stir well, then add the fish sauce, if it tends to dry, add ½ cup water, cover the pot to cook further.
- After a few minutes, add the water (or hugas bigas), let it boil for 2-3 minutes, then season the broth with the Sinigang Mix before we add the other ingredients. When it starts to boil we can add the Maya Maya, you may also put in the green chillies and the mustard leaves. Cook for 5-7 minutes, taste it again if it needs additional salt. Serve while hot… Enjoy!
Source: Techie Mom In The Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!