- 1 3/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons hot chili sambal, divided
- 1 tablespoon sesame or vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 cup sliced scallions
- Toss the chicken pieces with 2 tablespoons of fish sauce and 1 tablespoon of hot chili sambal.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot and shimmering, add the chicken and brown for 4 minutes on one side.
- Stir the chicken and add the onion to the pan. Stir-fry the chicken and onions for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sugar, vinegar, water, garlic, ginger, and remaining 1 tablespoon of fish sauce and 1 tablespoon of chili sambal.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and add the scallions. Cook for 2 more minutes to soften the scallions. Serve hot with lots of jasmine rice.
Source: The Wanderlust Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!