- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red chilies, finely chopped (deseed and devein if you want less spice)
- 2 medium eggplants, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup water (125 ml)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar mascabado (or coconut palm sugar)
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Handful of freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, garlic and chilies; sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the eggplant and salt, cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, add half the water, then cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add the soy sauce, sugar and the remaining water. Cover and continue to cook on medium-low for 20 minutes, or until the eggplant has softened.
- Add the fresh mint and cook for 2 minutes, then add lemon juice and taste. Feel free to adjust with a little more salt or lemon juice, if desired. Top with parsley before serving and enjoy!
Source: Elle Republic
Share It To Your Friends!