- 1x 1.6kg bone-in pork belly
- salt & pepper to taste
- for the broth
- pork bones from roasted belly
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- handful spring onions, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1x 4cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 8 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons ponzu (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- soy sauce, to taste
- for the ramen
- roasted and cooled pork belly, sliced
- noodles, cooked
- 1 boiled egg, per person, cooked to preference
- fresh spring onions, sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°c.
- Rub the pork belly with salt and pepper then place in the oven and allow to roast for 90 minutes-2 hours or until the belly is cooked through.
- Remove the belly from the oven and allow to cool then carefully slice off the bones and place the belly in the fridge to chill completely.
- Place the roasted pork bones in a large pot then add all the remaining broth ingredients. Bring the broth the a boil then turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 2-3 hours or until the broth is golden brown in colour and deeply aromatic.
- Strain the broth then set aside.
- When you are ready to serve, slice the cold pork belly then warm in the broth for 5 minutes.
- Serve the pork belly with the noodles, boiled egg and spring onions and top with the broth.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Simply Delicious
Share It To Your Friends!