Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 (3 oz.) package lemon jello
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip topping
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granted lemon peel
- Using a food processor, pulse graham crackers until crumbly. Mix in sugar, ground cinnamon and melted butter until crust forms.
- Press graham cracker crust into a 9-inch pie dish. Place pie crust in refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, add boiling water and gelatin powder. Stir gelatin powder until completely dissolved.Then, add ½ cup cold water and ½ cup ice cubes, stir until gelatin is slightly thickened. TIP: Let the gelatin mixture sit for a few minutes to thicken slightly before you add the cool whip otherwise it won’t set up.
- Add cool whip topping to gelatin mixture and whisk together until light and fluffy. Mix in lemon juice and lemon peel. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until mixture has thickened.
- Add lemon pie filling to pie crust. Refrigerate for up to 6 hours or until firm.
Source:The Recipe Critic
Share It To Your Friends!