- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 500 g boneless lamb, cut into 2.5 cm cubes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet pointed red pepper, halved and cut into strips
- 1/2 large fennel bulb, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh minced turmeric (alternatively use 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup organic short grain brown rice (150 g)
- 1/3 cup sherry (100 ml)
- 1 teaspoon saffron strands
- 1 2/3 cups vegetable broth, heated (400 ml)
- sea salt, to taste
- 12-15 mini roma or cherry tomatoes
- 5 small jarred artichokes, quartered
- 4 tablespoons roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a wok or large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat, and sauté the lamb, for 2 minutes until lightly browned on the outside. Reduce heat to medium; add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the red pepper and fennel, and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until starts to soften – about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cook for a minute, then add the bay leaves and spices, stir, add the rice and cook, stirring, for two minutes. Add the sherry and saffron, increase heat and boil down for 1 minute, and then add the heated broth and a couple generous pinches of salt.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to the lowest setting and simmer for 15 minutes, uncovered. Cover the pan with the lid and let simmer for another 25-30 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Do not stir.
- Turn the heat off. Taste and season with more salt, if desired. Scatter the tomatoes and artichokes over the rice, cover the pan and let stand for 10 minutes. When ready to serve, sprinkle the lamb paella with the parsley leaves. Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!
Source: Elle Republic
Share It To Your Friends!