- 6-7 pounds baby back ribs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (or white/cider vinegar)
- Heat oven the 375F. (optional) Using a butter knife to pry it up, separate the membrane from the back of the ribs and discard. Generously season both sides of the ribs with salt and pepper.
- Wrap the ribs in foil, meaty side up and seal completely. Bake for 90 minutes. To make the Korean Kalbi sauce, mix together the remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- After the ribs are cooked, remove from the oven and carefully open up the foil -- be careful of the hot steam! Slather 3/4 of the Korean Kalbi sauce on the tops of the ribs.
- Place the oven rack in the top third of the oven and heat the broiler to high. Put the ribs back in the oven, foil still open, and broil until the sauce bubbles and caramelizes, about 3-5 minutes.
- Keep a watch on the ribs – it's so easy to burn them! Just before serving, pour the remaining Korean Kalbi sauce on top of the ribs.
Source: Steamy Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!