- 2 14 oz. Cans Jackfruit in Brine (or better yet, water if you can find it)
- 1 c Almond Milk
- 1-1/2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar let sit for 5 minutes
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce OPTIONAL
- 3/4 c All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 c Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Your favorite SALT-FREE seasoning blend (if you are using Jackfruit in WATER, feel free to use Season Salt)
- Any oil suitable for frying at high temperatures
- 1/2 c Vegan Mayonnaise or more to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Yellow Mustard or more to taste
- 2 tbsp Agave Nectar or more to taste
TO PREPARE THE JACKFRUIT:
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit pieces taking care not to break them up.
- Combine 1 cup of almond milk with 1-1/2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and allow to sit for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add the jackfruit pieces. Set aside.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
TO MAKE THE VEGAN HONEE MUSTARD DIPPING SAUCE:
- Whisk together the ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Test with a pinch of flour and if it sizzles, it's ready. Food will absorb more oil if it is too cool. Too hot and it will scorch.
- Take a few pieces at a time from the buttermilk mixture and drop in the flour. Coat completely. Quickly coat in the buttermilk again and thoroughly coat in the flour mixture.
- Gently place into the oil, toss occasionally and remove with a strainer when golden brown to paper towels to drain any excess oil.
Source: The Veg Life
Share It To Your Friends!