- 1 kg oxtail or beef meat as substitute
- 1 small flower bud of banana or ( puso ng saging), sliced
- 1 bunch of pechay ( bok choy)
- 10 pieces of beans ( cut about 2 inches in length)
- 3 pieces eggplant, sliced
- 1/2 cup ground peanuts
- 3 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp shrimp paste
- 750 ml water
- Annatto seed soaked in water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion chopped
- salt and pepper
- Bring water to boil in a pot then add oxtail and onion, simmer for up to 2 hours until it becomes tender.
- Add the peanuts, peanut butter and water from annatto seed mixture.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, saute garlic then put banana flower bud, eggplant and beans. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the vegetables in a pot where the oxtail or meat is.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Lastly add the pechay and put the lid on and turn off heat. The steam will cook the leafy part of the pechay.
- Serve with shrimp paste on top.
Source: Sarap Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!