- 2 tbsp dried shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic
- juice of 1 1/2 limes (3 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar or honey
- 1 tbsp chili oil (see note below)
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 medium green papaya (about 2 lbs)
- handful of green beans, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 20 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted macadamia nuts, divided
- Submerge the shrimp in hot water for 20 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- While the shrimp soak, prepare the sauce and papaya. Combine the sauce ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth, then set aside. Cut the papaya in half crosswise, then peel off its skin. Using a julienne peeler or cheese grater, cut the papaya into 3-inch-long strips.
- Place the green beans in a large mixing bowl, then bruise with a large spoon or ladle to release their juices. Add the papaya, cherry tomatoes, half of the macadamia nuts, soaked shrimp, and sauce and toss until well mixed.
- Taste and add salt if needed. Serve topped with the remaining macadamia nuts.
Source: The Domestic Man
Share It To Your Friends!