- 300g cooked beef brisket (thinly sliced)
- 250g cooked beef tripe (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups glutinous rice
- 5cloves garlic (minced)
- 50g ginger (minced)
- 1 large onion (minced)
- 5tbsp cooking oil
- 4 to 7cups beef broth or water
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 50ml fish sauce
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Fried onions or garlic
- Chopped fresh onion chives or shallots
- Sliced brisket and tripe
- Whole boiled egg
- Crushed Pork Crackling (Chicharon)
- Crispy fried tofu
- In a large pot, sauté the garlic, ginger & onion till translucent in medium-high heat.
- Add in the beef brisket and tripe, mix it well and then add the turmeric and black pepper.
- Add the fish sauce and let it simmer for 30 seconds.
- Add the glutinous rice then add the water or beef broth. Stir to evenly disperse the rice and brisket/ tripe. Bring to a boil then lower the heat to simmering stage.
- Dispose the scum that accumulates in the surface. Keep stirring the sides and bottom of the pot to avoid burning your goto.
- It is done once the rice starts to crumble and blend with the liquid.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Share It To Your Friends!