- ½ pound tofu
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 ounces soba or other Asian noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- one baby bok choy, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- sesame seeds
- a handful shredded red cabbage
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes and dip in flour on all sides.
- Fill a cast iron pan or a Dutch oven with vegetable oil about ½ inch high.
- Heat the oil until it's shimmering, then add the tofu and fry until brown on all sides.
- Take the tofu out and dry on a paper towel.
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions.
- Mix one tablespoon of oil with the soy sauce and the ginger.
- Transfer the bok choy to a baking pan and drizzle with the oil/soy/ginger mix.
- Put the bok choy in the oven and roast until it starts to wilt and the sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve the noodles with the tofu and the bok choy, drizzle the sauce over them, then sprinkle with sesame seeds, shredded cabbage and green onion.
Source: The Spice Train
Share It To Your Friends!