- 6 Sliced cloves of garlic
- 1 Large coarsely chopped shallot
- 1 tbsp. Fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 4 tsp. Sugar
- 1/4 c. Soy sauce
- 1/4 c. Fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp. five-spice powder
- Ground black pepper, fresh
- 1 Chicken cut into eight servings
- In a food processor combine shallot, ginger, sugar and garlic; mash to create a paste.
- Transform paste to a bowl and whisk in fish sauce, soy sauce, five-spice powder and some pepper.
- In cold water rinse the chicken and pat dry. Place the chicken in a zip bag and pour in marinade. Put the chicken in the bag and cover evenly. Refrigerate for 12 hours for a maximum of 24 hours.
- Prepare a grill for direct grilling over medium temperature. Remove chickens from the bag and reserve the marinade in a bowl.
- Place chicken pieces directly over the heat until the first side is well browned, about 12 minutes. Sprinkle twice with the reserved marinade during the first stage of grilling. Turn, sprinkle again and grill until it reaches the internal temperature of 165 degrees F, 12 minutes longer. Don't sprinkle any of the marinades for the final 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the grill. Before you serve them, let them rest for at least 5 minutes.
Share It To Your Friends!