- 1 Lb . Package Foster Farms Organic Ground Turkey
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 White Onion - chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 14 ounce Can Diced Tomatoes low sodium
- 1/2 Head Small Green Cabbage - chopped
- 1½ Cups Water
- 1 Cup Quick Cook Rice or Rice Blend I used 10 minute cook rice & grain medley
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- Chopped Parsley
- Salt/Pepper To Taste
- In large dutch oven over medium high heat, brown turkey with olive oil and onions.
- Reduce heat to medium; add garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Add diced tomatoes, water and rice to pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add cabbage, cover and reduce heat to medium low. Cook 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with cheese and cover 1-2 minutes to melt.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
Source: Wonky Wonderful
Share It To Your Friends!