- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup high-quality liquid honey + more for topping
- 4 oz That Dutchman's Cheese Farm's Dragon's Breath Blue, crumbled
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- Pinch of salt (remember, cheese is salty!)
- 6.8 oz (195 g) high-quality dark chocolate (I used a blend of 100% cocoa and 70% cocoa), roughly chopped + more for topping
- Add egg yolks to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until paler in colour. Add blue cheese and mix until coated. Set aside.
- Place a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Stir in 1 cup cream, milk, salt, and honey. Whisk occasionally until mixture is hot but not boiling.
- Slowly and carefully whisk cream-mixture into egg-cheese bowl, making sure to take your time so you don't scramble the eggs. Whisk until smooth. *Pour through fine sieve if needed.
- Return mixture back to stove top. Combine remaining cream and cornstarch and pour into pan. Stir in 5.5 oz of chocolate.
- Whisk occasionally until reheated, but do no allow to boil. Remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature (stirring occasionally.) Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Follow the directions on your ice cream machine. I churn my mixture until it is almost set, and stir in the remaining chopped chocolate (1-2 oz) in the last 5 minutes of the cycle.
- Pour into container, top with additional honey and chocolate if desired, and freeze!
Source: The Cookie Writer
Share It To Your Friends!