For the beef marinade
- 1 1/2 tsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- Freshly ground black pepper to season the beef
For stir-fry sauce
- 3 Tbs. oyster sauce
- 2 tsp. water
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb. beef top sirloin or flank steak, thinly sliced into 1/8"-thick strips.
- 1 1/2 lbs. broccoli, cut into bite-size florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic (6 cloves)
- In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients for the marinade. Add the beef and let marinade for 10 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, mix together the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
- In a wok or large saute pan, add a inch of water (about 5 cups) and bring to a boil. Add broccoli and cover to cook for 3 minutes. The broccoli should be brigh green and crisp-tender; you should be able to pierce the stem with a fork. Using a slotted spoon, remove broccoli and pat it dry.
- Discard the water in the pan and dry it well. Place over high heat and when hot, add the canola oil and swirl to coat. Add the garlic and fry for 15 to 30 seconds, until fragrant. Toss in the steak strips, keeping them in one layer, and fry 30 seconds. Flip the strips and cook the other side for 1 to 2 minutes more or until done
- Pour in the stir-fry sauce and stir to combine. Add the cooked broccoli back into the pan and toss to coat well.
- Serve 4 as part of a multi-course meal.
Share It To Your Friends!