- 1 rack baby back ribs
- 1 cup orange juice, about 2 large oranges
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- ¼ cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1½ tablespoons chopped thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Rinse ribs under cold water. Removed any membrane, silver skin or excess fat. Place ribs in a large casserole dish or large plastic resealable bag. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine, orange juice, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, rosemary, thyme and garlic. Whisk until well combined. Pour marinade over ribs, cover with plastic wrap or seal the bag removing as much air as possible from the bag. Place in refrigerator to marinade for 2 hours or overnight.
- Pour marinade out into a small pot and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place ribs on a high edged baking sheet lined with wire rack set upon mason jar rings. Fill baking sheet with water, cover ribs tightly with aluminum foil and cook for 2 hours. Check to ribs for tenderness. If still firm add more water and cook for another 15 minutes or until meat pulls apart from bones.
- While ribs are steaming bring marinade to a boil and reduce by half. Add sugar, continue to boil until reduced to a third, about 8 minutes. Whisk in butter and set aside to cool.
- Set oven to broil. Broils the ribs 7-10 minutes each side, basting with citrus glaze. Keeping an eye on the ribs so they don't burn. Serve warm.
Source: The Noshery
Share It To Your Friends!