- 1 cup sugar
- 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee (dissolved in 1 tbs water)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
- butter for greasing pan
- 1 12-cups non-stick bundt pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bundt pan with butter set aside. Heat sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Let sugar sit for about 2 minutes until sugar begins to melt. Be sure to keep an eye on the sugar. Once the sugar begins to melt, begin to swirl the pan to help melt the sugar. Continue to swirl until sugar melts smooth, if needed stir gently with a wooden spoon. Be careful not to over brown the sugar.
- Immediately pour caramel into the bundt pan, evenly coating the bottom of the pan. You will have to move quickly before the caramel sets. Set pan aside until ready to use.
- Add cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of evaporated milk to the bowl of a stand mixer. With a whisk attachment, whisk the cream cheese and milk until smooth.
- Changing to a paddle attachment, beat in eggs one at a time. You want to change to a paddle attachment so not to incorporate air into the batter. Mix in evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and coffee. If there are any cheese lumps floating in the strain it through a fine-mesh strainer.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan, set aside.
- In a separate bowl prepare cake mix according to directions. Pour cake batter evenly throughout the pan. DO NOT MIX.
- Place bundt pan into a large roasting pan in the oven and pour water into the roasting pan outside of the cake pan until the water covers the flan half way.
- Bake for 1 hr or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let flan cool on the counter for 15 minutes then refrigerate until completely cooled, about 4-5 hour or overnight. Carefully invert onto a large rimmed platter.
Source: The Noshery
Share It To Your Friends!