- 3 pounds spareribs, cut into 1” strips
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 inches ginger, smashed & sliced
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. salt
- Have the butcher cut the spareribs into 1” strips through the bone.
- Cut the spareribs between the bones into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl. Add soy sauce and mix. Add flour and mix again. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- In a large pot add the vinegar, water, brown sugar and salt.
- Heat a wok or nonstick frying pan on med high. Add 2 – 3 Tbsp. oil and gently brown the ginger and garlic. Remove and place in the pot with the sauce. Then add ½ the meat to the wok and spread out but don’t stir. Let brown for 2 minutes. Using a tong, turn pieces to evenly brown. Remove pieces as they brown and add them to the pot. Cook the other ½ of the meat the same way and add to the pot. Stir to mix meat with the sauce.
- Place the pot on the stove and bring to a boil then turn heat down to low and let simmer covered for 1 hour or until tender. Stir occasionally.
Source: Cook With Susan
Share It To Your Friends!