- ½ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsps Datu Puti Oysterrific Oyster Sauce
- 2 stalks Onions leeks (white part only), sliced
- 1 pc Black beans, washed and drained
- 1 pc Star anise
- ¼ tsp Five-spice powder
- 1.5 kilos Whole pork belly (liempo), cut into 2 squares
- 4-5 cups Water
- 2 tsps Cornstarch in 2 tsps water
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Green part of onion leeks to garnish
- 2 Hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- In a large pot, combine vinegar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, onion leeks, and black beans. Add star anise and five-spice powder. Mix well.
- Put pork belly in the pot and add water until it almost covers pork. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover pot and simmer for 2 ½ – 3 hours, turning once, until pork is tender. Reserve broth.
- When done, remove pork belly to a plate and let cool. Refrigerate cooked pork for a few hours, then slice when chilled.
- Strain pork broth and simmer for another 10 minutes. Thicken with cornstarch slurry.
- Add sliced pork to the sauce and simmer for a few more minutes. Drizzle with sesame oil then top with hard boiled egg slices and sliced onion leeks. Serve hot.
Share It To Your Friends!