- 500g frozen cassava
- Crusehd Garlic 2 table spoons
- Crushed green chillies 2 table spoons( 2-3 green chillies)
- 1/4 cup White flour and 1/4 cup corn flour or Tapioca flour (Cassava flour) for gluten free version.
- 1 table spoon red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- hot water
- sunflower oil for deep frying
- 4 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of chilli sauce (optional)
- 3-4 green chillies chopped
- 3-4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1/2 inch grated ginger
- 1/2 cup mixed peppers cut into medium pieces or slices
- 1/2 cup onion sliced
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar(optional)
- In hot salty water boil the cassava until tender and cooked, drain and let it cool for a few minutes. Cut into long strips.
- Mix with crush the garlic, green chillies, red chilli powder, salt with the flour and water to make a thin batter (pouring consistency)
- Dip the cold boiled cassava strips into the batter and deep fry the cassava in hot oil, over a medium heat, until crisp and beginning to brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok add ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute for a minute.
- Add peppers and onions together with the sauces and some salt.
- Add fried chips and give it a good stir.
- Drizzle some vinegar (to taste)
Share It To Your Friends!