- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar (or distilled white)
- 6-8 cloves garlic, smashed with side of a knife and peeled
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 skin-on bone-in chicken thighs
- In a large, nonreactive saute pan, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, black peppercorns and bay leaves. Nestle in the chicken thighs, skin side down, into the pan. Bring the liquid to a boil over high heat, and then cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken over, and then cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Uncover then pan, and then increase the heat to high and return the sauce to a boil. While occassionally turning and basting the chicken, continue boiling the sauce, uncovered, until it is reduced by half and thickens slightly, about 5 minutes. Serve with steamed white rice.
Source: Steamy Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!