- 12 ounces (7-8 slices) thick bacon, cut into1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 head green cabbage, sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed caraway seeds
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel-lined plate.
- Add onion to bacon grease and cook until it begins to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions. When they are done, drain and place in a large bowl with butter.
- Add cabbage to skillet with bacon grease and cook until tender, about 10 minutes, using tongs to move cabbage around so that it cooks evenly. Add caraway seeds, salt, and pepper.
- Stir cabbage and bacon into noodles and serve.
Source: Spicy Southern Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!