- 2 tbsp oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion ,diced
- 1 tomato ,diced
- 2 lbs pork belly, pork shoulder or pork roast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can (400 mL) coconut milk
- 6 green or red Thai chillies, minced
- 1 tbsp sauteed shrimp paste (can substitute with fish sauce or soy sauce)
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sautee for about 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato and the onions. Continue to sautee until the onion is translucent.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil. Add the pork and sautee until the pork is lightly browned.
- Add the coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the Thai chilies and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Remove from the heat and add the shrimp paste (or soy sauce / fish sauce)
- Serve hot over steamed rice. Enjoy!
Source: Salu Salo
Share It To Your Friends!