- 1 x 5kilo “Talakitok”
- 2 x 3kilo “Kubal Kubal”
- Both fully cleaned. Abdomen slitted and on both sides at least 4 x 2 inches apart These will be the areas where seasoning will be applied for full flavor penetration.
- 60 grams fine salt
- 100 ml. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 15 grams ground black pepper
- 15 grams nutmeg powder
- 10 grams ground oregano
- 10 grams coriander powder
- 15 grams garlic powder
- Mix all powder ingredients in suitable container. Whisk well. Set aside.
- Brush oil on ALL sides of fishes ensuring slits are well reached as well as inside of head and belly.
- On ALL parts, by fingers, sprinkle blended ingredients. Ensure inside and slits are filled. If there’s excess, rub on all parts of body.
- Lay foil in a table. 1 longer than fish-sized foil up-1 down-1 in the middle.Place banana leaf top of middle foil. Lay seasoned fish atop banana leaf.
- Cover top of fish with banana leaf then foil.
- Fold along sides ensuring there will be no escape of steam and juices as fish is grilled. If there’s a need to add more foil to wrap, go ahead. Place banana leaf top of middle foil. Lay seasoned fish atop banana leaf.
- Repeat for other fishes.
- As fish is larger than burner, on medium flame, put wrapped fish ensuring ½ of it is heated. Grill for 7 minutes.
- Slide to cook other half. Grill now for just 5 minutes.
- Turn fish to other side. Grill ½ of fish for 5 minutes. Slide and grill the other half for another 5 minutes.
- You are DONE. Witness your tenderest-juiciest-tastiest creation.
- Garnish and see the eyes of diners go wide as they partake on these gigantic sea creatures.
Source:The Food Critic Me
Share It To Your Friends!