- 2kg boneless gammon/Ham
- 3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 red onions, roughly chopped
- 2 apples, roughly chopped
- 500ml apple juice
- 500ml water/stock
- for the glaze
- 4 tablespoons apricot preserves/jam
- 250ml apple juice
- 50g brown sugar
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°c.
- Place the gammon in a large roasting tray and add the carrots, red onions, apples, apple juice and water to the roasting tray and cover with foil/lid.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes per 500g. A 2kg boneless gammon will need 1 hour 20 minutes.
- When the gammon is cooked, remove from the oven and turn the heat up to 200°c.
- In a small saucepan, combine all the glaze ingredients and allow to come to the boil. Cook until the sugar has dissolved.
- Cut the skin off the gammon and cut a diamond pattern into the fat. At this stage you can press cloves into each diamond if desired.
- Pour the glaze over the gammon and place back in the oven to cook.
- Allow the glaze to get sticky but check on it regularly as it can burn quickly.
- When the glaze is sticky and dark, remove from the oven.
- Slice and serve the gammon warm or allow to cool before serving.
Source: Simply Delicious
Share It To Your Friends!