- 2 Pig Ears
- 2 lbs Pork collar
- 1/2 cup Calamansi juice or lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and pulped
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 bird’s eye chillies, chopped finely
- 1 heap teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- Patis (fish sauce)
- Put the pig ears and pork collar in a large casserole, cover in water and bring to a boil.
- Add the bay leaves and the black peppercorns. Turn down the heat and leave to simmer for an hour.
- Remove from heat and discard the water. Let the pork ears and collar drain and cool thoroughly.
- Rub some salt to the ears and collar and then drench using half of the calamansi or lemon juice.
- Broil under a hot grill for 5-6 minutes in each side or until crispy. Do not let them burn to avoid any bitter taste. Chopped to bite size pieces.
- Combine the mayonnaise with the rest of the calamansi juice. Mix this to the chopped meat.
- Stir in the ginger, chillies, garlic and onion.
- Adjust the taste with the addition of fish sauce or salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Source: Global Granary
Share It To Your Friends!