- 9 veal medallions
- 3 Tbsp whole wheat flour divided
- 2-3 Tbsp butter melted
- 1 onion chopped
- 7 oz button mushrooms sliced, 200 g
- cup vegetable or beef broth , about 1
- 1-2 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 Tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup white vine 250 ml
- 1/2 cup sour cream or cooking cream 150 ml
- salt ground black pepper
- Pound each veal medallion into 1/4-inch-thick piece. Season with salt and pepper and dredge in flour. Brown on each side in butter for about 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In the same pan, saute onion, add mushrooms and saute for about 5 more minutes.
- Add veal and broth together with mustard, garlic and bay leaf. Cook until medallions are tender.
- In a small bowl, combine white vine, cream, flour and parsley. Add to the pan and cook for few more minutes. Serve with whole wheat gnocchi or egg noodles.
Source: Diet Taste
Share It To Your Friends!