- 7 oz (200 g) beef
- ½ yellow onion, sliced roughly
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp black pepper corns, coarsely ground
- vegetable oil
- Slice the beef up into bite-size pieces. Combine the fish sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, lemon sauce, garlic paste and crushed black pepper corns. Whisk well and put this mixture aside until needed later on in this recipe.
- Slice the onion and red bell pepper finely. Pour a little drop of vegetable oil in a non-stick pan and place it over high heat. Once the oil starts to smoke a little, add the sliced beef.
- Quickly stirfry the beef for a minute. Then add the sliced onion and red bell pepper.
- Stir again and cook for another minute. Now pour in the peppery fish sauce mixture.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir the beef and vegetables for another minute. Check the seasoning and add extra lemon juice, fish sauce or black pepper to taste if necessary. Scoop the black pepper beef into bowls. Serve the beef piping hot with cooked or steamed rice.
Source: Simple Tasty Good
Share It To Your Friends!