- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion , 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 1/2 cups bell pepper , 1/4-inch thick slices (about 2 peppers)
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms , 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 pound chicken breast , sliced into 1/2-inch by 2-inch strips
- 11 ounces red curry sauce (1 bottle from Trader Joe's)
- 13 1/2 ounces coconut milk
- 1 cup sweet potatoes , peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup carrot , peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups zucchini , 1/4-inch thick slices
- In a medium sized pot, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Heat over medium-high heat until the pan is hot. Add garlic and onions, sauté over medium heat for 3 minutes, until tender. Add bell pepper, sauté for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, sauté for 3 minutes. Add chicken, sauté for 4 to 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Add the curry sauce and coconut milk to the chicken mixture. Bring to a boil then quickly reduce to a low simmer. Meanwhile, steam the remaining vegetables.
- In a steamer, cook sweet potatoes (7 minutes), carrots (5 minutes), zucchini (3 minutes) or until tender (will vary with size). Add steamed vegetables to the chicken mixture and stir to combine. Serve with rice or quinoa.
Source: Jessica Gavin
Share It To Your Friends!