- Anchovies, cleaned- 250 grams (1 cup)
- Corn flour- 1 tablespoon
- All purpose flour/ Maida- 1 teaspoon
- Soda drink, plain (flavour less) - 100 ml (1/4 cup)
- Ice cube- 1 big
- Sugar- 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt- to taste
- Lemon juice- big squeeze
- Pepper powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Clean the Anchovies by removing the scales (if any), head, digestive system and flatten the fish by running finger till the tail and remove the spine with our removing the tail. Wash the fish in running tap water and pat dry.
- Add corn flour and all purpose flour, salt, sugar and mix well. Add the soda water and mix well as a thick slurry.
- Add a ice cube in this batter (little watery than bajji batter)
- Season with pepper powder and lemon juice. Check the salt add if you needed.
- Heat oil in medium flame and keep the flame to low and fry the fish till crispy and golden colour.
- I have served this with a quick vegetable salsa by chopping red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, coriander leaves seasoned with tomato sauce, pepper, salt and lime juice.
Source: Lincy's Cook Art
Share It To Your Friends!