- 2 lbboneless skinless chicken thighs (not breasts)
- 1 clow sodium soy sauce
- 2 clovegarlic minced
- 2 tspginger
- 4 Tbspbrown sugar
- 1whole lemon or lime thinly sliced
- 4 Tbspoil
- 2 Tbspdried minced onion
- 1 tspblack pepper
SWEET AND SOUR ONIONS AND PEPPERS
- 1 Tbspoil
- 3 csliced onions in 1/4 inch (about 3 onions)
- 2red bell peppers sliced 1/4 inch slices
- 2green bell peppers sliced 1/4 inch slices
- 4 Tbspapple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbspsugar
- fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish
- 8-24 hours before cooking, whisk together marinade ingredients.
- Marinate chicken thighs.
- Put oil for veggies into a large foil pan.
- Add all of the sliced onions and peppers. DO NOT ADD vinegar and sugar yet! Put foil cover over this veggie pan.
- Saute veggies in pan. Cover grill. Check and stir/turn periodically. Let veggies soften and start to brown just a bit.
- Put marinated chicken thighs on grill. These don't take too long... maybe 5 minutes on each side. Make sure they get glazy/crispy on the outside. But don't cook too long.
- Put to the side or on a top rack when you think they are done.
- Combine the vinegar and sugar.
- To the browned/sauteed veggies add vinegar and sugar, lighty mix.
- When sugar is melted and everything is mixed, add grilled chicken thighs... nestle them into the veggies. Cover grill and heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley or cilantro on top for garnish (if desired) and serve!
Source: Just A Pinch
Share It To Your Friends!