- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 2 lbs. PEI mussels, scrubbed and rinsed
- 1 lemon, juiced, plus extra for serving
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- kosher salt, to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large shallow skillet. Add shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook 2-3 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant and shallots begin to soften.
- Add wine and increase the heat to a medium-high to bring to a simmer.
- Add mussels, cover with a lid, and let the mussels steam for 5-7 minutes or until they have opened up.
- Add juice of one lemon, give the mussels a good stir, and cook for 1-2 minutes longer, uncovered. Transfer the mussels to a serving bowl, along with cooking liquid. Discard any mussels that are still closed.
- Sprinkle with parsley, salt, to taste, and garnish with additional lemon wedges. Serve with crusty bread slices, if desired.
Source: Little Broken
Share It To Your Friends!