- 1 pound of good quality beef, I used striploin since we had lots on hand, cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup Italian Salad Dressing, seems odd but amazing as a marinade
- 1 large sweet onion, either diced or cut into thin strips
- 3 shallots, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, or 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 cups prepared noodles or rice
- If preparing rice and/or noodles start those now. That way it all times out perfectly. We usually do both. I like rice and my daughter like noodles.
- Cut up your beef. Pop it into a glass bowl. Pour Italian Dressing over top. Mix really well with a spoon. Let it stand for about 10 minutes.
- While the meat is resting you can cut up your veggies. I like to dice my onions, then I like to have odd pieces that are a bit bigger, I find that the layering of textures with some onions being cooked soft and some with just a bit more crispness left is really amazing. I do this often with onions as well. about two thirds are cut into strips, and the other third of them I leave in chunkier pieces. The peppers I like uniformly cut into thin strips though. Just a personal thing.
- Drain any excess marinade from the beef.
- Now take a wok or large skillet and add some oil, I like olive oil but you can use canola or vegetable oil. Let that get hot, it should sizzle a bit and get this glimmer over the oil.
- Now carefully add your beef, if the pan is small do it in two or three batches. Don't overcrowd when stir frying, the trick is to get a good hot sear which is impossible if the pan is overcrowded.
- Cook each batch until it's perfectly browned.This only take a few minutes if your pan is hot and not crowded.
- Now transfer the meat to a bowl for the time being. Set aside.
- Add you onions and shallots to the same pan, don't wash it, you want that yummy goodness, there's flavour in that. I add about 1 tablespoon of butter and a dash of salt when browning the onions and shallots. Works wonders. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes over a medium-high heat.
- Now toss in the peppers and if needed you can add some olive oil. Toss and cook over medium-high heat for about 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for less than 1 minute, it should be fragrant but not burning. It cooks really fast.
- Now toss your meat back in the pan.
- Season quickly with salt and pepper.
- Add the teriyaki sauce and continue to cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, you want everything to come together nicely.
- Poured over prepared rice or noodles of your choice.
- Serve with a big old I love my new Wüsthof Knives smile!
Source: Cravings Of A Lunatic
Share It To Your Friends!