- Squid-2-3 big (around250-300gms)
- Onion chopped-1 big
- Ginger chopped-1inch
- Garlic chopped-1big clove
- Green chilli chopped-2
- Curry leaves-1 sprig
- Salt- to taste
- Pepper powder-1 ½ teaspoons
- Garam masala- 1teaspoon
- Turmeric- ¼ teaspoon
- Clean and cut the squid into small pieces.
- In a pan add oil when the oil is hot add the onion and pinch of salt and allow to become soft. Then add ginger and garlic. When the raw smell goes add the green chilli and curry leaves and allow to cook for a minute.
- Then add the squid and salt then keep the flame to high. Otherwise the water oozes out from squid will not dry and form like a gravy. Squid cooks fast and if you over cook, it becomes rubbery.
- When the water almost evaporates add the pepper, garam masala and turmeric powders. Stir and mix well. Add more curry leaves if you like.
- Could be served with rice, appam, naan or chapattis.
- Note:You could add one chopped tomato if you wish after you add the ginger garlic paste.
Source: Lincy's Cook Art
Share It To Your Friends!